Thursday, July 26, 2012

...you run like heck.

For a class that I took this spring, I had to exercise three to five times a week.  I decided to focus mainly on running.  I made it my main goal to be able to run up the hill in Rexburg that the temple is on.


Sadly, it took me a while, but once I made it all the way up without stopping, I decided to go onto bigger and better goals, such as being able to run a 5K.  Well, I made it!  Looking back, it's crazy that I used to think it was a big deal to be able to run a mile without breaking.  Now, I don't feel like I've had a good enough workout unless I do at least three miles...with hills.



This has to be the worst photo of me (especially since I'm showing off my Relief Society arms...I mean, guns), but I feel accomplished looking at it. A few weeks ago, I particpated in the Hurdles for Hope race.  Because it was an "extreme" race (furnished with a mud pit, army crawl, and river), I only did the 3K.  Even with the short distance, it was intense.  I'm proud of how I did, nonetheless.  I'm proud of how far I've gotten in my running ability and endurance.


Ok, bragging over.

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! And you do NOT have RS arms!! I don't especially like running, but I am going to be doing a 5k mud run in November, wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete