Wednesday, February 8, 2012

...you balance it out with a happy post.

I don't want to be a Debby-downer all the time, so I'll do a happy post to balance out that last, angsty one. Opposition in all things, right?
I will now proceed to list 15 things that make me happy/smile/want to melt (not necessarily in any particular order).

Let's start with the basics...

1.  My Heavenly Father and My Savior.  The two greatest people who love and support me (in my good efforts) like no one else.

2.  My Family (Maggie included).  They drive me crazy when I'm around them, but when I get breaks away from them, I miss them like crazy.  Either way, they're crazy.

3.  Studying the scriptures...actually getting into them and enjoying them.

4.  Chocolate.  Specifically dark.  I love the way dark chocolate snaps when you break it...because I'm odd like that.

Now for the less general and less common items...

5.  Fuzzy socks.

6.  Climbing into a freshly made bed. There are very few things that make me happier.

7.  Getting a letter in the mail. I'm old school in a lot of my ways.

8.  Outrageously cheesy romance scenes...happening to me.  I dream of spontaneously dancing in the rain or being passionately kissed after an argument about love (thank you, It's a Wonderful Life).


9.  Domestically cultivating myself.  I would have never, NEVER said this even just a year ago, but I feel somewhat accomplished when I learn a new skill.  I've been surprising my family with what I can do food-wise (which isn't much now, but much better than what I was able to do before I was forced to cook for myself).

10. Pearls.  Pearls are this girl's best friend.


11.  High fives.  Gotta love the awkwardness that comes with them.

12.  Going to the temple.  I'd sit in the temple in Rexburg during a hectic week and not let time or homework bother me.  So relaxing and uplifting...I miss it.


13.  Late night conversations.  And I mean late...

14.  Little towns.  I'm not a big city person at all.  Even Fort Smith annoys me sometimes.  Just give me a town with a Walmart, gas station, and frozen yogurt shop, and I'll call it "home".



15.  The way my parents love each other.  If the best thing a dad can do for his daughter is love her mother, then my dad deserves a "#1 Dad" mug, t-shirt, and hat.  (I'm sure he has at least one of those things somewhere).  The same goes for my mom.   I think the reason they're still in love is because they make each other's comforts their main concern.  I want that, but I won't admit it to them because it's sick when they publicly display their affection.

1 comment:

  1. "I want that, but I won't admit it to them because it's sick when they publicly display their affection."

    A-FREAKING-MEN. amen amen amen HAHA!

    ReplyDelete