Wednesday, February 22, 2012

...you declare a major.

Yep.  I did it.  B.A. in English Education.  I'm not entirely sure it's what I want, but I'm taking this leap of faith and going for it.  If I end up hating it, I can always change my major.
I decided to go into English education because...

  • I want to go into something that I can do while simultaneously raising a family.
  • I decided that I would rather stay at BYU-Idaho for a full four-year degree than stick with my original plan. I was planning on only doing a two-year degree and then returning to Arkansas, but I'd go crazy if I stayed here during this time in my life.
  • I tried to pick something that I love/will possibly learn to love.  While helping me figure out what I wanted to do, my mom would ask me, "What do you love doing?"  I thought about the few college classes I've taken, and what I enjoyed most about my fall classes was the literature I was required to read.  Also, when I was in junior and high school, my guilty pleasure was doing sentence diagrams. (I was a nerd...I'm still a nerd.  At least I accept it now.)
  • I love English jokes. (courtesy of Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment