Monday, September 12, 2011

...you gain tidbits of inspiration.

A little bit of religious thinking that came to me during Sunday school yesterday...I call it the "Comfort Train."

2 Cor. 1:3-5
4.  Who comforteth us in all our tribulation that we may be able to comfort them which are in trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

This scripture is very dear and has sooo much meaning to me from past experiences.  Here's  the thought...
We are supposed to become like Christ.  Christ suffered through everything we suffer and knows exactly how we feel and comforts us.  I believe we often receive trails not only for our own good but also to gain empathy for others' afflictions (obviously we'll never have as much empathy as He does).  We suffer similar experiences as others so we can comfort them as Christ suffered everything imaginable and comforts all of us.  Does that make sense?  What I'm trying to say is that life is made up of "comfort trains."  Christ went through all...He comforts us as we go through trials...we see someone in the same place we were in earlier and we can comfort them.  So on, so forth. I feel like I'm rambling and not making much sense, but in my head it seems perfect.  Maybe it's not such a great thought, but I was able to see the scripture yesterday in a new light.

No comments:

Post a Comment