Sunday, September 18, 2011

...you survive!

First week of college...done.
I survived!  Going from being bored out of my mind and doing nothing to doing nothing but studying was really hard, but by Friday I got the hang of it.
This week, I really don't have much to say.  I studied, did homework, and that's basically it.  Yep.
On a completely different subject...I used to think about how other families had special items passed down from generation to generation, but my family didn't have any fine china or quilts that would be considered "heirlooms."  Talking to my grandparents on the phone today, I realized that unlike what I thought before, my family does have heirlooms.  Passed from generation to generation are special phrases, tidbits (I love that word) of wisdom that mean the world to us (well, at least to me).  My grandmother has coined the phrase "PFS" (Pray For Strength) which my mom now tells me constantly and which I have passed on to a few of my close friends (since obviously, I have no spawn yet).  When David O. McKay served his mission in Scotland, he saw a sign which sparked the popular saying "What e're thou art, act well thy part."  Before ending my conversation with my sweet and loving grandparents, they reminded me of our family's version of that saying, "WHERE e're thou art, act well thy part."
Anyway...I'm going now...to get some chocolate. Yum.

(my study stash)

No comments:

Post a Comment