Sunday, September 25, 2011

...you get a sore bum.

I can see how Rexburg, ID would be a lame place to live if you weren't going to BYU-I, but for a college kid like me it's heaven on earth! (I hope it stays that way.)
My classes went as usual this week, a good mesh of spiritual and secular matters.  One of my professors on Friday told us before we left "Thou shalt not do no-no's this weekend."  Yes, sir. 
Friday night was inconceivable. 
Saturday I went to the Civil Defense Caves and played hide-and-go seek.  We took glow sticks, cut them open, and splattered the gel (Is that what it's called?) all over the rocks, walls, ceilings, us, and anything else within splattering distance.  It was an awesome looking scene; the cave looked like it was filled with a bunch of little colorful stars and when one of us would crouch down next to the rock, we'd completely disappear into our environment.  When looking for people among a pile of rocks, my foot fell into a nice-sized hole and I ended up scraping my leg and bruising my tushy (thus the title of the post...I know, TMI.  Deal with it.) 
Later that night I went to a bonfire get-together on the sand dunes with my FHE group and roommates. (What the crap?  Sand dunes in Idaho...ok)  I typically associate sand with tropical climates, so it was a weird sensation being up there, digging my toes into the sand and huddling next to the fire to keep myself warm. 
I never know how to properly end my posts...so now I'm ending it.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment